Announcements for 14th August 2022, Sunday Ordinary
1. Today is the 20th Sunday of Ordinary, the liturgy speaks reminds that the decision to do the right thing, the good thing, is not always easy and without conflict. Today we celebrate Prison Ministry Sunday in the Archdiocese. On this occasion, we recall the sacrificial life of St. Maximillian Kolbe, the patron saint of Prison Ministry. May we be filled with the fire of love, and zeal to work selflessly, serving our society, especially those in prison.
2. We thank you for the love and blessings you have all poured out on us during Vianney Sunday. We Parish Fathers are truly blessed with your goodness
3. The Diocesan Vocation Service Centre is organising Quest programmes at various locations on Sunday, August 14th and 28th for all discerning their vocation in life. Please refer the noticeboard for details.
4. Th Bombay Catholic Sabha Rosary Unit is offering scholarships for deserving Catholic students from our parish. The scholarship is for academic and sports. The Conditions are that the student must be in residence in our parish and one of the parents should be a Sabha member. Those who have appeared for SSC, ICSE HSC, graduation and postgraduation. The forms are available at the Sabha members and details are on the notice board. The last date for submission is 8th September.
5. A Special Scholarship in memory of late Mr Mervyn and Mrs Felicia Valladares, has been instituted by the family in remembrance of their parents. This scholarship is for the education of any girl child for academic excellence. This scholarship will be given on 8th September. Application forms are available with the Parish office. The last date for submission is 30th August.
6. It has been brought to our attention that some children only attended Sunday schools when they have to receive a sacrament. Once they receive the sacrament they tend not to come for regular classes thereafter. In the light of this we at the Parish council have decided to have an assessment test for admission to the sacraments. We encourage you to bring you children for Sunday school.
7. Menino de Bandar along with Piety Home is staging a Konkani Tiart “Besaum de Pesaum” on August 21st at Sahitya Sangh auditorium, Girgaum at 8:15 pm. The proceeds of which will go towards the Piety Aged Home at Dabul. Tickets are available at the Parish Office.
8. Monday, 15th August is the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary as well as our country’s 75th Year of Independence. Masses will be as per the Sunday Schedule i.e. a.m.; 7 am 8:30 a.m.; 10:00 a.m and 6:00 p.m. The flag hosting will take place after the 7 am mass.
9. A blood donation camp for the benefit of cancer pati
ents in Tata Hospital will be conducted between 8:30 and 1 pm on Sunday 21st August at St. Joseph School, Girls section, Umerkhadi. Those between the age of 18 and 60 and in good health can donate blood to save a life.
10. Collections last Sunday amounted to
a. Sunday collection Rs.30184/-
b. Clergy fund Rs. 35696/-
c. First Friday Rs. 6756/-
We thank you for your generosity.
Fr. Nigel Barrett