1. Today is the 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time and is celebrated as the Sunday of the Word of God, we pray that the word of God will inspire and enlighten us on our lives Journey. The readings of today invite us to open ourselves to the word of God in our personal lives, and in the community and participate in the mission of proclaiming his word.
2. We as a parish will be celebrating the Joy of Being a Family on the 26th of January 2023, this is our annual SCC day and we invite all children youth, and adults to participate. We request the Parish Council, members, to please collect your passes and distribute it to your community members.
3. Please note that on January 26th the Mass timings and flag hosting are as follows. Flag Hosting at 7 am 9:30 am Special SCC family day mass, 7 pm Regular evening mass. Please note there is no morning mass at 7 am.
4. Parish visitation this week is only on Tuesday 24th January from 7 pm onwards for the remaining houses of Zone 4. The animators will inform you of the time of the visit.
5. On Saturday 11th February we would like to have a special mass for the Sick and housebound. We require volunteers to help organize the mass as well as those who have cars, we would require your services to assist us in bringing the sick and homebound. Others who would like to assist please give your names to any of the Parish Fathers. This mass would be on the world day of the sick and the feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, i.e. February 11th at 4 pm. Those who would like to help please give your names by Sunday 29th January.
6. On Sunday 12th February we would like to organize a parish football tournament. This Tournament will be conducted on St. Marys's school turf from 10:45 am onwards. This is a 5-a-side football tournament only for Catholic Parishioners of Rosary Church. A team can be made up of players from any part of the Parish and is not restricted to your Zones. Each team consists of a max of 8 players one of which would need to be plus 45 years or a woman. The details are on the form which may be collected from the Parish Office. Prizes worth Rs 30,000 are up for grabs to come and have fun. An added attraction is a special exhibition match of a team of the Fathers and Sisters V/s the Children of Rosary church. Please note the Last Day for entries is 29th January.
7. Vimala Vikas Kendra is seeking voluntary services from parishioners and outsiders in the following areas: 1. Teachers for Study Class Students 2. Taking Spoken English Classes 3. A teacher who is well-versed in computers.
Those interested can contact Vimala Vikas Kendra's office or Sr. Florina for further details.
8. On Saturday 11 February a Bus will be leaving from the Rosary Church gate at 5 am for Nasik for the Infant Jesus Shrine. Those interested please contact the Church office or Mr. Robin Dias.
9. The Results of the crib contest and prizes will be given at the Family Day/ SSC rally.
10.The Collection on Sunday 15th January was Rs35750/-- We thank you for your generosity.
Fr. Nigel Barrett.