Notices for 26th January 2020
1. Today Liturgy is of the 3rd Sunday of Ordinary Time and Republic day.
2. To be Read on Saturday 25th only: Sunday is Republic Day. The hosting of the national flag will take place at 6:45 am, we invite Parishioners to join in. On account of the flag hosting the Sunday morning Konkani mass will start at 7:15 am. The 8:15 and 9:30 mass are as usual. At the 9:30 am Eucharistic we will have the sacrament of Confirmation administered by Bishop Dominic Savio.
3. Keeping with the Request of the Cardinal to provide accurate information with regards to a parish we are starting the Parish Census. The Parish Council member and community animators will approach you and assist you in filling out the Census form. Since the Census is an online procedure, we will also have a help disk to assist Parishioner who have difficulty in filling their details. Please co-operate with the animators and Parish council members who will come to your houses to fill in the details for you.
4. The Covenant Couple, partners-in-mission with the Community of Jesus the Light of the world, will be presenting the Alpha Marriage Program for Married Couples. The Program focusses on strengthening relationships and renewal of marital Commitment. It will commence on 8th Feb 2020. Covenant Couples will be available after masses for further information and registration. Details are on the notice board.
5. We are having a Parish Inter-Zonal games for Football and Throwball tournament after the 9:30 am mass. Please do come and cheer your teams.
6. Keeping in mind the Founding Fathers Vision of St. Peters School is offering scholarships to assist the financial burden of deserving families. Those interested in applying please contact the St. Peters School office. Do contact Rosary Church office for a recommendation letter.
7. We are shortly commencing the repairs of the Church Building. The estimated time of repairs is 9 months. While the repairs take place, we will be using the undercroft for mass and other services. We request your prayers and support for this major project and apologize for any inconvenience.
8. Next Sunday is the feast of the Presentation of our Lord and is celebrated as a day for Religious. The blessing of the candles will be before the the 7 am Konkani mass at the Church door. At the 6 pm evening Mass we will pray for the Religious Sisters of our Parish. We request you to join us in prayer in thanking the lord for the service of Our Sisters to our Parish community.
9. On Sunday 9th February we will have a training program for all Eucharistic Ministers, Choir Members and lectors. This training program will be conducted by Fr. Melroy Fernandes and will start at 4 pm. The venue is the KG class room.
10. The Parish annual day /SSC rally will be on the 23rd of February. The Parish council members and animators will approach you with coupons for entry and meals. The Program includes the Eucharist, breakfast, input sessions by various resource persons on health, finance and parenting in the digital age and lunch. The registration is nominal fee of Rs 20/- per head. Do come and participate and celebrate the Joy of being a community.
Fr Nigel Barrett Parish Priest