Announcements for June 5th 2022, Pentecost Sunday
1. Today is the feast of the Pentecost, the gift of the Holy Spirit to the Church and the birth of the Church. We are invited to participate in the mission of the Church, may we actively participate in being Christ’s witness to the ends of the world.
2. We are looking forward to the new academic year and hope to strive to make our Parish a vibrant community, spreading the love of Christ. We want to invite you parishioners to be involved in the animation of the Parish. For this purpose, we wish that you volunteer for various missions and commissions/ committees in the Church. We will make forms available to you by next Sunday. Please do take one form and drop it in the box in the church. Some examples are (Bible cell, Sports Committee, Entertainment committee, liturgy, teaching catechesis etc)
3. The Parish Pastoral Council will meet on Saturday, 11th June in the KG classroom after the evening Mass. Please note the change of day. We request all Parish Council members to be present as there are many important decisions that need to be taken.
4. Sunday School teachers will have a meeting next Sunday, 12th June after the 10 am mass. We request all teachers to be present for the meeting. Those who would like to be catechists are also welcomed to attend this meeting.
5. On the feast of Corpus Christi which is on Sunday, 12th June we will be commissioning the Extra Ordinary Eucharist Ministers of the Holy Communion. Please note that Extra Ordinary Ministers of the Eucharist are commissioned for 1 year only and not for a life time. To help discern this calling to take Christ to the sick and housebound, we invite all those who wish to be extra Ordinary minister of the Holy Communion to be present for a discerning process on Wednesday, 8th June after the evening mass. The discerning process will follow with a personal interview with the Priest of the Parish. We will then commission these Extra Ordinary Ministers at the 10 am mass on June 12th, the Feast of Corpus Christi.
6. Don Bosco Centre for learning offers Hospitality studies with certificate and degree courses. Admission for the same have started. Please look up the Notice board for details.
7. Our Confirmation Classes and Sunday School will commence from Sunday 19th June. We are looking forward to having all you children back in Sunday school.
8. Mass bookings for July, August and September opened on 01 June. Those who wish to book masses can do so from the 1st of June onwards.
9. Last Sunday Collection was Rs /- 26866/- We thank you for your generosity.
Fr. Nigel Barrett