Announcements for Divine Mercy Sunday 16th April
1. Today is Divine Mercy Sunday, St. John Paul II instituted the feast to help us understand that God loves Humanity and “wants us to recognize that his mercy is greater than our sins”. The readings of today encourage us to put aside our doubts and embrace God's divine mercy.
2. We are carrying on with the blessing of water and houses during the week. We will also be conducting the Parish council elections in the communities. We have reorganized the parish based on the shift of demography and numbers. We now with have 6 communities or Zones versus the 9 we had earlier. The list of Buildings in each area is displayed on the Notice Board. The Easter Blessing masses will be at 7 pm in the Church, followed by the interaction and elections in the Basement. Please make it a point to be present for the new Zone Community Mass and Blessing and Election
The schedule is as follows.
a. Monday 17th April Zone 4 MIRANDA HOUSE Lion’s Den, Gunpowder Road, Tulsi wadi, MAZGAON TOWERS, Sheetal Apts, TAMBAWALLA BLDG, etc (Earlier Zone 6 and 7)
b. Tuesday 18 April Zone 5 The village and Monarch Apartments Netra Appts, PORBANDAR APARTMENT and Hira appts (Earlier Zone 7 and 8)
c. Wednesday 19th April Zone 6 Currently Zone 9 with a few additions
3. Those who wish to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in 2024 are requested to register their names at the Parish Office along with a copy of their Baptism certificate. Anyone who has completed the 10th standard board examination or is above the age of 15 is eligible. The last date for registering your names with your baptism Certificate is submitting the same is 4th June 2023. Classes will commence on 18th June 2023.
4. The preparatory novena service will be held at the Holy Cross oratory Matharpacady village at 5.45 pm on Saturday, 22nd April 2023, and from Sunday 23rd April 2023, the novena will be held daily at 7.30 pm. All are welcome.
5. Joseph Cardijn Technical School offers a month-long technical trade training, especially for those who have completed their SSC or HSC. For details look up the notice board.
6. Vimala Vikas Kendra seeks student volunteers who have finished their board and semester exams to help out in their activities. Interested students can contact Sr. Florina.
7. The Easter collection was Rs.66892/- the 3 hours agony collection goes towards the Lenten Alms was Rs.9680/- Passo service which goes towards the Community maintenance fund Rs.14622. We thank you for your generosity.