1. Today is the sixth Sunday in Ordinary time, Jesus breaks down barriers that divide and Ostracize people and builds bridges that reconcile and heal.
2. On Tuesday, 13th February we will have The ROSARIAN CARNIVAL, after the 7 pm mass. Details have been circulated through your community leaders. Do join us enter is free
3. During the season of Lent we will be taking prayer pilgrimages to Khandala, Igatpuri and Vasai. These will be day-long pilgrimages and will be at subsidised costs. The first pilgrimage is 2nd March 24 - Satyagiri Dominican Retreat Centre, Igatpuri. The second is On 9th March '24 - House of Prayer - Khandala Please reserve your seat with a subsidised cost of Rs 200/- ( this includes travel and meals). You may reserve your seat and make your payment to Ms Freda at the kg office. We have limited seats.
4. We begin the season of Lent on Ash Wednesday 14 February. The ashes will be blessed and imposed at the 7 am mass and Ashes will imposed after the 7 pm mass on Ashes Wednesday
5. We prepare for the Jubilee year 2025, by understanding the documents of the 2nd Vatican Council. To offer direction and guidance to the faithful in the Archdiocese of Bombay, informative videos illustrating the Constitutions of Vatican II will be played on Sundays after the announcements Throughout the year, diverse activities for children and youth will be launched. We encourage you to participate in these programs. Today after the announcements we will screen the 3rd Video which speaks about the understanding of a Jubilee year
6. Bombay Catholic Sabha Head Office Mahim and BCS Rosary Church Dockyard Unit have organised a Talk on voter awareness, Verification & Enrolment as Voters for the upcoming Elections. There will be prominent Leaders and Activists who will share their valuable knowledge. This will be held on Sunday 18th February at 11.00 am in the Undercroft. All parishioners are requested to attend this talk.
7. During the season of Lent we will have stations of the cross in Konkani on Mondays at 6:30 pm. Stations of the cross in English animated by the communities starting with Zone 1 on Friday of Lent after the evening mass and on Sundays for children after the 8:30 am mass. Please do join us in our Lenten devotion
8. Christ Church School have vacancies in various areas, please see the poster on the Notice board for details.
9. Holy Childhood Sunday will be celebrated on Sunday 11th February 2024. Holy Childhood was established by Pope Pius XII in 1950. The Pontifical Society of the Holy Childhood encourages our Children to participate in the mission of the Church and develop a missionary spirit. Today, a second collection will go towards the Pontifical Mission of Holy Childhood.
10. The Collections are as follows:
a. First Friday collection Rs. 9320/-
b. Sunday 4th Feb Rs 41560/-We thank you for your generosity